When your are on the Calendar page, click on New > Appointment.
Complete the Appointment window with the following information:
- Enter the appointment subject, location and start time/end time.
- You can also make your appointment recur, by clicking recurrence.
- Select the reminder check box if needed.
- If you don’t want people with a delegation on your calendar to see its content, select the private check box.
- Save and close the appointment.
Organize a meeting with Outlook 2016
Difference between an appointment and a meeting: a meeting is an appointment you can invite people to (cf. Organize an appointment or a meeting page).
When you are on Calendar page, click on New meeting or create a standard appointment and click on Invite people.
1. Enter the meeting subject, location, start time/end time and description
2. Add people
3. You can check your correspondents’ free/busy information (only if they use Exchange to plan their appointments) by clicking on Scheduling Assistant.
You can adapt the meeting time to the availabilities of people, and then send a meeting request.
You can then see who accepted your meeting request by double-clicking on the appointment in your calendar, and clicking on tracking.